St. Croix Virgin Islands’ Government House reopened with a rededication ceremony on June 4, 2000. The 220 years old building had a face lift at the cost of $12.7 million. Initial efforts to begin the project began under the Juan Luis administration and took six years to complete now under Governor Charles Turnbull. It is located in down town Christiansted. The building houses the governor’s, lieutenant governor’s and St. Croix administrator and his staffs’ offices. The third floor will be the living quarters for the governor and his family when he is in St Croix. Other government offices will be on the ground floor. The color of the house is a bright yellow with trims of white and green. It is designed in classical 18th century baroque style with a large court yard. It is fully air-conditioned, with two elevators. The opening ceremony included a dress ball similar to one held on King Frederick’s birthday on January 28, 1833. At that time it was a celebration of the first renovation of the building under Governor-General Peter von Scholten. The ball, held on June 4, included a cross section on the community dressed in formal attire. It was the only opportunity for the public to see all three floors. The ceremony included the clergy from various denominations. They blessed five skeletons and the House. The skeletons were found under the former carriage house in August 1998. The remains were part of a burial ground built over during the building of Government House in 1740′s.